Michael Aaron, PhD, LCSW, CST, is a nationally certified sex therapist and clinical sexologist, specializing in working with sexual minorities, alternative/kink/polyamory lifestyles, sex workers, discordant desire and infidelity in couples, sexual dysfunction and anxiety, gender orientation confusion, and sexual compulsivity. He is certified as a sex therapist by AASECT and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Sexology. He has been interviewed in numerous media outlets, podcasts and magazines, including the NYT, WSJ, Cosmo, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Prevention, and Vice.com. He is a member of the Advisory Board of Men’s Fitness magazine and is the author of the book “Modern Sexuality, The Truth About Sex and Relationships“, where he presents an overwhelmingly strong case for sexual diversity and the exploration of a variety of sexual expressions from a normative standpoint, helping readers understand that their own desires and those of others can happily exist on the same continuum.
In this episode, we talk about the societal myths of sexuality, including:
- the false belief that sexuality is learned and can be changed,
- that non-normative sexual behavior is pathological,
- that healthy sexuality involves intimacy,
- that intimacy is easily defined and mean the same to everyone, and
- that sexual behavior must have a clearly defined purpose.
We also discuss:
- harm reduction
- the darker aspects of psychotherapy when it comes to homosexuality
- Dr. Aaron’s opinion on the book and movie ’50 Shades of Grey’
- mismatched desire in couples…and a lot more.
Dr. Aaron is so awesome…I seriously dig this man’s passion for his work, and he’s hot to boot! There aren’t many progressive sexologists like him out in the world, so if you have questions or would like to work with him, please connect with him today.