Rick Clemons and I discuss the masks we all wear and what kind of work you need to do in order to truly be yourself and to live in full authenticity. Rick invites the listening audience to step into their vulnerability, and to learn 8 key steps for creating a personal revolution that empowers you to step out, step up, and step into living your powerful truth, staking your claim as your own superhero.
About Rick Clemons:
Rick is a Certified Life Coach, Fellow Podcaster, Author and a new friend of mine, whose humor, candor, and raw truth inspires entrepreneurs, small business owners, and students to step out of their life’s closets, tap into their confidence, and own their uniqueness in the world . His enthralling keynote speeches and interactive, intimate group experiences invite participants to dig deep into the truth of who they are, find their gifts, build confidence, embrace their uniqueness and own their purpose for being on the planet. Clemons is regularly featured in Huffington Post, Your Tango, Yahoo Shine, and HuffPost Live as well as numerous other media outlets. He speaks on behalf of PFLAG at colleges and universities throughout Southern California, as well as at entrepreneurial retreats such as Jonathan Fields Camp Good Life Project and the Braveheart Men’s Retreat, and most recently was a speaker at TEDx Waseda University, in Tokyo. He also just released his book, Frankly My Dear, I’m Gay.
You can find out more information by visiting his website at www.rickclemons.com
Here is a snapshot of what we talk about in this show:
- Rick’s multi-layered journey toward coming out and the struggles he had along the way
- How society’s views of the LGBT community played a part
- The parallel between coming out about sexual orientation and someone who wants to change their career, health or relationships
- 8 steps to coming out of whatever closet you’re hiding in
- Why it’s important to identify your fears about making changes in your life
- Identifying perceptions you have of yourself and others
- Getting to a place where you feel empowered and ready to be transparent
- Actively dealing with rejection
- Facing your true self
…and much more!