Happy New Year! It’s a time of resolutions, typically related to our health & wellness. We start working out more, dieting, and preparing to get our bodies back for swimsuit season. Well, in this NOL 2017 kickoff episode, we’re not going to simply talk about eating right and getting back in shape You’re also going to learn how to gain control over not your business and your relationships.
Ava Diamond earned her Masters in Clinical Social Work from Columbia University over twenty years ago and expanded her training intensively across many different areas including emotional intelligence, trauma and addiction recovery, family systems, motivation and mentalization. She has taught at Yale University School of Medicine, and she writes articles for addiction treatment mags/websites as well as fitness/women’s magazines, speaks in community forums, and co-hosts radio shows.
She took what started as a bodybuilding hobby and transformed it into the competition arena and earned her Pro card at age 47. This, combined with her schooling and clinical training, resulted in her developing a Mental Fitness Coaching program that helps those striving for true mind:body optimization.
We’re going to learn more about Mental Fitness Coaching today, but let me tell ya, it has gained worldwide respect. Her clients are found on every Continent! In fact, the US Military is bringing her program to our troops in Germany this coming April.
She also coaches online groups and corporations, and conducts trainings every week at the “best kept secret” addiction treatment facility, Synergy, in West Palm, Florida.
Ava has two books out on Amazon and Kindle, “Mental Fitness: Build Core Power for Life-lifting. 5 Steps to Success with the Mindset that Matters” and “Mental Fitness: Build Core Power for Business-Building. 8 Steps & 8 Stories of the Mindset that Matters for creating a most rewarding career path”.
And the third book will be out next month (this February), entitled, “Mental Fitness: Build Core Power for Love-lifting. 7 Steps using the Mindset That Matters for Relationships that Rock”.
What we discuss in this episode:
1. Her latest achievements, which keep on coming, including bodybuilding competitions at age 52, a new fitness bar, and more
2. What drew her to bodybuilding
3. The process from being a hobbyist to getting serious and going pro
4. How her son inspired her to get on the bodybuilding stage
4. How she developed Mental Fitness Coaching as a result
5. How Mental Fitness works across multiple areas of your life
6. How to become Mentally Fit
7. The two C’s of Success
8. The mindset that matters and how it’s connected to your personal “why”
9. The most common groups of people who tend to go to Ava for help
10.How she works with her clients with their nutrition, sleep hygiene, and fitness options
11. Application of mental fitness coaching to physical fitness
12. Application of mental fitness coaching to your career
13. Application of mental fitness coaching to your intimate relationships
14 Why a mission statement is important
Use the promo code AVA18 for a discount on her fitness bar here: