Earlier this year, I became very interested in learning more about Transcendental Meditation. After some quick outreach, I was referred to this week’s NOL guest, the delightful Kathy Brooks, who is one of the co-directors of the Washington, DC TM Center.
Kathy has an MA in SCI (Science of Creative Intelligence), and she has been a full-time certified teacher of the Transcendental Meditation (TM) program for 40 years this year. She has taught hundreds of people the TM technique in various places, both in the US and in India.
Before serving as co-director of the Washington, DC TM Center, Kathy also served on the faculty and a variety of administrative positions at Maharishi University of Management (MUM) in Fairfield, Iowa for 30 years. MUM is a unique Consciousness-Based educational institution accredited through Ph.D. that offers standard academic disciplines along with a focus on the development of consciousness. The students, faculty and staff practice the TM technique.
For more information, please visit tm.org.
Some things Kathy and I discuss:
– What drew her to meditation and the TM technique
– How TM works and why it’s practiced twice per day
– TM isn’t just for celebrities
– The use of mantras to assist meditation
– The benefits of TM on our personality and health
– The scientific research behind TM, including positive changes in the body & brain
– Reaching a hypo metabolic physiological state and releasing accumulated stress
– Attaining slow alpha brain waves
– Effects of meditation on aging, blood pressure, stroke & heart attack risk
– How long do you have to do it to see results?
– How is TM superior to other forms of meditation?
As always, please visit the Ladyfox Entertainment Partners page for discounts and deals on products and services. A portion of sales go into the cost of production of NOL, and I deeply appreciate the support!